RE: [ga] price policy

  • To: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Veni Markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] price policy
  • From: Veni Markovski <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 17:36:10 -0400
  • Cc: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When someone is making a point, and this someone comes from a respected company that has a problem, then I listen.
The observatoins show that spammers use most of the time domain names which are cheap, rather than domain names which are expensive. While your calculation may be right - I don't know that - the observations are clear. Note that I am not taking a side.

I'd say that it's not the same if someone buys 1 million domain names at $ 1 each, or at $ 6 each. But in anycase - the bigger point is if ICANN should regulate or not. I asked Karl similar question, but haven't heard from him.

veni