RE: [ga] price policy

  • To: "'Veni Markovski'" <veni@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] price policy
  • From: "Thomas Barrett - EnCirca" <tbarrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 18:07:33 -0400
  • Cc: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Veni,

It would be an interesting study to determine the percentage of spam where
spammers are using their own paid domains versus domains that belong to
others or domains that were obtained using fraudulent credit card data.  I
suspect a large percentage of spam uses domains that the spammer did not pay
for, making the price of domains a moot point.

In any case, I agree the bigger issue is whether this should be within the
scope of ICANN's activities.

Tom