Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures

  • To: Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 21:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are so smart, name one.

Karl Auerbach <karl@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Prophet Partners Inc. wrote:

> ...(such as T-shirts or coffee mugs) imprinted with the ICANN logo...
As the proud possessor of one, I can confirm that there *do* exist
coffee mugs with the ICANN logo.

And before we go about firing everybody - ICANN is just like most
organizations, it is filled with good people, some under appreciated
saints, and a couple of lesser lights.

ICANN's first president made some very good hiring choices. And I think
that ICANN's current president, although engaged in what I believe is an
over-exuberant growth plan, seems to be steering a pretty reasonable
course with regard to the actual people coming into the organization.

I think that one of ICANN's biggest staffing problems is not its
employees, but rather its contractors, particularly its law firm.

--karl--