Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures

  • To: "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 15:38:40 -0700 (PDT)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you,
  That is just hillarious. I want a job now.

"Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
          Hi Eric,

  According to ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures dated November 1, 1999, the employee limitation on accepting / giving gifts is:

  7. Accepting or seeking anything of more than nominal value from a customer or supplier without the advance approval of management, or giving a gift to a customer or supplier without management approval, except for certain promotional "premiums" (such as T-shirts or coffee mugs) imprinted with the ICANN logo or information;

  Complete ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures dated November 1, 1999 (some sections have been revised)
  http://www.icann.org/legal/auerbach-v-icann/icann-employment-policies-02aug02.pdf
  Fraud
    http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=22&size=full

  Note than these are only ICANN's Employment Policies and Procedures. Whether the rules are enforced or not is another matter.

  These documents certainly deserve more scrutiny, including sections such as:

  Business Expenses
  http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=4&size=full
  and Conflicts of Interest
  http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=10&size=full

  "Reimbursement of expenses of the President requires approval of the Board. The Vice-President and General Counsel may authorize payment to the President of an advance, not to exceed US $20,000 at any time, toward expenses already incurred by the President but not yet authorized by the Board, with the expenses to be later approved by the Board (or an authorized Committee of the Board)." What's the point of setting a limit, if the value is an astronomical figure. With a $20,000 limit on travel expenses, ICANN might as well eliminate the price cap as they are trying to do with the proposed .biz/.info/.org registry agreements.

  "Reimbursement of business class fares is authorized for airline trips of greater than 5 hours duration." is overly generous and a waste of money. If employees want business class fares, they should pay the difference out of their own pocket.

  Sincerely,
  Ted
  Prophet Partners Inc.
  http://www.ProphetPartners.com