Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures

  • To: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 00:26:14 -0700
  • Cc: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, icann board address <icann-board@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dr. Dierker and all,

  Yes for a non Profit company that is a Public trust many of these
expenses are very high and some are ridiculous.  For a for
Profit company even some of these expenses would never or
rarely be allowed.  For example, in my company as an officer
and Sr. management member, I am in advance, allowed $30k/yr
for travel expenses.  If I believe I need to exceed that amount,
I have to have both the Bod's and the CFO's approval in
advance.

Hugh Dierker wrote:

>    Thank you,
>   That is just hillarious. I want a job now.

> "Prophet Partners Inc." <Domains@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>           Hi Eric,
>
>   According to ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures dated November
> 1, 1999, the employee limitation on accepting / giving gifts is:
>
>   7. Accepting or seeking anything of more than nominal value from a
> customer or supplier without the advance approval of management, or
> giving a gift to a customer or supplier without management approval,
> except for certain promotional "premiums" (such as T-shirts or coffee
> mugs) imprinted with the ICANN logo or information;
>
>   Complete ICANN Employment Policies and Procedures dated November 1,
> 1999 (some sections have been revised)
>
> http://www.icann.org/legal/auerbach-v-icann/icann-employment-policies-02aug02.pdf
>
>   Fraud
>
> http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=22&size=full
>
>   Note than these are only ICANN's Employment Policies and Procedures.
> Whether the rules are enforced or not is another matter.
>
>   These documents certainly deserve more scrutiny, including sections
> such as:
>
>   Business Expenses
>   http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=4&size=full
>   and Conflicts of Interest
>   http://view.samurajdata.se/psview.php?id=e6a603a2&page=10&size=full
>
>   "Reimbursement of expenses of the President requires approval of the
> Board. The Vice-President and General Counsel may authorize payment to
> the President of an advance, not to exceed US $20,000 at any time,
> toward expenses already incurred by the President but not yet
> authorized by the Board, with the expenses to be later approved by the
> Board (or an authorized Committee of the Board)." What's the point of
> setting a limit, if the value is an astronomical figure. With a
> $20,000 limit on travel expenses, ICANN might as well eliminate the
> price cap as they are trying to do with the proposed .biz/.info/.org
> registry agreements.
>

>   "Reimbursement of business class fares is authorized for airline
> trips of greater than 5 hours duration." is overly generous and a
> waste of money. If employees want business class fares, they should
> pay the difference out of their own pocket.
>
>   Sincerely,
>   Ted
>   Prophet Partners Inc.
>   http://www.ProphetPartners.com
>   http://www.Premium-Domain-Names.com

   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402
E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Registered Email addr with the USPS
Contact Number: 214-244-4827