Re: [ga] The Future of Domain Registry Pricing, if left uncapped

You call that responding to my questions? Wow. Now I understand. You really
don't know do you? Here I was thinking you were not answering because you
were unresponsive.

Uh, since you sit on a board that makes decisions about domain names,
registries, registrars, tlds, etc. I would think your experience with those
issues to be extremely relevant, especially while disputing claims made by
someone who has bought and sold more domain names of his own and those of
clients is more websites than you could visit with a high-speed connection
in a month.

Sorry Veni. I actually do know a lot more about what domain holders want
then you ever will. The fact that you refuse my advice on the issue or just
ignore it makes you totally irresponsible as a board member in my opinion.

The advice of people who are considered experts in their field could be
useful in the decision making process don't you think? And before you label
me as a self-appointed guru, maybe you should do your homework. I wasn't
self-appointed as such. The nickname, NameCritic was given to me by people
who were domainers asking for my advice as far back as 95-96 in the old
afternic forum.

The nickname came from being brutally honest about the appraisals of the
value of their domain names. I didn't and still don't softshoe about the
market for domain names. Being more familiar about that topic than you means
that my advice should at least be listened to and not discarded simply
because you feel that somehow because you got onto the ICANN board that you
somehow magically became more important than us average joes out here in the
real world who deal with domain issues every day.

You sit on the ICANN board and yet I spend more time dealing with domain
issues and customers who want and need a good domain name in one month than
you do all year. So you can can the condescending attitude. You are not
nearly as smart as you imagine yourself to be.

Listening could improve on that though.