Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?

  • To: <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?
  • From: "John Palmer" <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 16:34:48 -0500

That’s not true – trademarks in one country are very often recognized and
protected in other countries by treaty.

ICANN is based in Marina Del Rey, CA – US, I believe. Unless they moved it, the
A-Root is in Virginia somewhere.  I
judgment from a U.S. court would not be able to be ignored by ICANN, since they
have too many operations in this U.S.

We’ll take the matter into the courts and see who prevails...