Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?

  • To: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk@xxxxxx>, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?
  • From: Randel H Hanes <hanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2014 14:23:32 -0500

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    You fellows are looking at this issue procedurally when it reality
    is that a claimed copyright and trademark exists only within the
    jurisdiction it was filed in.<br>
    You have some protection with a domain name when the infringer exist
    in the same country as you, but not the TLDs. ICANN evolved to work
    without any one country telling it what it has to do.<br>
    I feel for those this trauma has caused because of all their time
    and investment, but ICANN has the power of emanate domain when it
    comes to TLDs. In 1995, most would not have seen this coming, but as
    the groups of Internet interests met and formed what became ICANN we
    all saw that the frontier of wild TLDs were going to be tamed for
    the good of universal uniformity.<br>
    I can guess why there seems to be an apparent nonacceptance of
    ICANN's function and power, so I encourage to embrace and blend into
    the system and accomplish from within and stop beating a dead horse<br>
      wrote:<br>
      type="cite">
        charset=windows-1252">
      You are entitled to an opinion and to seek legal remedy based on
      it, the problem is you suggested that you filed an objection and
      it vanished, and it turns out you disagree with the objection
      process requiring paying to the ADR and never filed one.
        might pay your claims with Monopoly money, as they belong to the
        same realm… </div>
              moz-do-not-send="true"

href="mailto:jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;
            wrote:</div>
              http-equiv="Content-Type">
              -webkit-line-break: after-white-space" dir="ltr">
                    file an objection without paying ransom money to
                    their </div>
                    .EARTH.  ICANN and the applicants will soon be
                    receiving</div>
                    copyrighted directory property.</div>
                    font-family: Calibri; font-size: small; font-weight:
                    normal; text-decoration: none;">
                            moz-do-not-send="true"
                            title="rubensk@xxxxxx"
                            href="mailto:rubensk@xxxxxx";>Rubens Kuhl</a>
                            title="jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
                            href="mailto:jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>John
                            Palmer</a> </div>
                            title="ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

href="mailto:ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>
                          ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its
                          website is to delete them?</div>
                    font-family: Calibri; font-size: small; font-weight:
                    normal; text-decoration: none;">
                          moz-do-not-send="true"

href="mailto:jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</a>&gt;
                        wrote:</div>
                              12pt">
                                objections period for new TLDs was open,
                                I filed a legal objection on</div>
                                for the TLD “.EARTH” since these TLDs
                                are the property of my company</div>
                                1995 (and still are). </div>
                                under objections for the new TLDs, here:</div>

title="http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/odr/determination";
href="http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/odr/determination";>http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/odr/determination</a></div>
                                deleted the objections and never even
                                processed them. So, I guess the</div>
                      The objections, no matter the outcome or lack of
                      it, where published by the ADR providers.</div>
href="http://www.iccwbo.org/Data/Documents/Buisness-Services/Dispute-Resolution-Services/Expertise/ICANN-New-gTLD-Dispute-Resolution/List-of-Pending-Cases/";>http://www.iccwbo.org/Data/Documents/Buisness-Services/Dispute-Resolution-Services/Expertise/ICANN-New-gTLD-Dispute-Resolution/List-of-Pending-Cases/</a></div>

href="http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/lro/";>http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/lro/</a></div>

href="http://go.adr.org/icanngtld";>http://go.adr.org/icanngtld</a></div>
                      provider… note that filing an objection is not
                      just posting a comment, as you did here:</div>
href="https://gtldcomment.icann.org/comments-feedback/applicationcomment/commentdetails/6237";>https://gtldcomment.icann.org/comments-feedback/applicationcomment/commentdetails/6237</a></div>
                      objection process, paying money to the ADR,
                      providing a lots of pages of reasoning… a comment
                      is just a comment. </div>
        found in this message.<br>
        Checked by AVG - <a moz-do-not-send="true"
          href="http://www.avg.com";>www.avg.com</a><br>
        04/19/14</p>
message.<br>
04/20/14</p></html>