Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?

  • To: John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] So, the way that ICANN handles legal objections to TLDS on its website is to delete them?
  • From: Rubens Kuhl <rubensk@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 10:39:45 -0300

On Apr 18, 2014, at 1:40 AM, John Palmer <jpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Over a year and a half ago, when the objections period for new TLDs was open,
> I filed a legal objection on
> ICANN’s website to two applications for the TLD “.EARTH” since these TLDs are
> the property of my company
> and we have been operating them since 1995 (and still are).
>
> When I look at the ICANN website, under objections for the new TLDs, here:
>
> http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/odr/determination
>
> I see that they seemed to have deleted the objections and never even
> processed them. So, I guess the
> objections process is just a scam.

What type of objections your company filed ? The objections, no matter the
outcome or lack of it, where published by the ADR providers.

ICC:
http://www.iccwbo.org/Data/Documents/Buisness-Services/Dispute-Resolution-Services/Expertise/ICANN-New-gTLD-Dispute-Resolution/List-of-Pending-Cases/

WIPO:
http://www.wipo.int/amc/en/domains/lro/

ICDR:
http://go.adr.org/icanngtld

I couldn’t find any objections to .earth on any provider… note that filing an
objection is not just posting a comment, as you did here:
https://gtldcomment.icann.org/comments-feedback/applicationcomment/commentdetails/6237

Filing an objection is actually following the objection process, paying money
to the ADR, providing a lots of pages of reasoning… a comment is just a
comment.

Rubens