[ga] Re: Removal from GA list

  • To: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: Removal from GA list
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 07:49:46 -0700 (PDT)

Joe,

Once again you are causing me untold grief -- always a pleasure ;-)
If not for you folks out there testing to the outer limits our free speech we
would not have wonderful decisions like those covered here:
http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/conlaw/obscenity.htm ; notice
that the list is filled with California cases. Just think back to what our
largest industry was founded on here in our Golden Bear State:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFw5M7EPgo 1913. ; From the 49ers to Old Mexico
to our foray into a Republic to Vietnam era Berkeley we have a strong and proud
heritage of protecting freedom of expression, i do not chose to be a citizen
here because of freeways but because of our Freedom. A violation within our
borders is an afront to all from Ceasar Chavez to Ronald Reagan and William
Randolph Hearst, to Rose Bird and our McCarthy era Red Jewish Producers. Our
legacy is true. We will not waiver.

Mr. Fowlie has agreed to meet with me in between the Webinar broadcasts
regarding Policy on May 20th. My posts here are being censored again so I
include the whole string above, I hope it is not too tiresome.  Perhaps this is
another reason why list posting is a better idea when left unfettered.  The
total lack of response to Mr. Pemble is quite disconcerting. The fact that Mr.
Williams got Mr. Fowlie to unequivically hold that it was the post he cited
that he is acting on, and that as a fact Mr. Pemble posted it, and not you is
quite alarming.