Re: [ga] Open Questions for Frank Fowlie and ICANN Board
- To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [ga] Open Questions for Frank Fowlie and ICANN Board
- From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 06:53:33 -0700 (PDT)
This is serious business. What George covers here is a direct breach of
ICANN's agreement on openness and accountability. After Mr. Fowlie's Airline
debacle, many thought that he kept his job for a time in exchange for being a
fall guy later for the ICANN BoD. I suspect that "later" is precipitously
--- On Thu, 5/6/10, George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ga] Open Questions for Frank Fowlie and ICANN Board
To: "GNSO GA Mailing List" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, May 6, 2010, 8:44 PM
Since Frank has decided to participate on the GA mailing list (albeit in a
censoring manner), but ignores questions posed elsewhere, here's an open set of
questions to consider.
In September 2009, he posted a question on his blog regarding "incivility", in
which he clearly breached the confidentiality of an ongoing complaint. An
archive of that blog (and the thread of comments) is at:
as well as at:
The blog has since been removed.
(1) Why did you censor and then remove the blog entry/comments?
(2) Why did you breach the confidentiality of an ongoing complaint?
In addition, it is common knowledge that you were found by the Canadian
Transportation Agency to have "engaged in abusive and offensive behaviour". See:
In light of the above:
(3) How does the ICANN community benefit from your continued employment as
(#3 is for the ICANN Board, too)
While Roberto is busy "laughing", perhaps he can turn to more serious matters,
while he's still a Board member for a few more weeks.