[ga] Out of the Blue

  • To: Glen@xxxxxxxxx, Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] Out of the Blue
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

Dearest Matthew and Joe,

Well it would appear that someone pissed someone off up toward ICANN bigwig
land.  Looks like the Patrick Jones scenario all over again. I had already
taken the appropriate action and censored Joe for naughty written conduct here
on the GA List.

Clearly Matthew posted the listed and referred to email. Clearly the language
used in that posting is not a per se violation of any of our rules as approved
by the GNSO, with Avri acting as Chair.

I question the legal advice that Mr. Fowlie must be getting. What he is doing
is exactly what Andrew McGlaughlan the Counsel for ICANN told ICANN not to do.
If ICANN censors and edits what can be placed on this list they become a
publisher. So now I guess Fowlie is our editor-in-chief and responsible for
content herein.

They invited attendance at a face to face. I will attend as sitting chair de
facto and will present your point of view if you would like. Although I must be
realistic and assume they will retract that offer.

I remain at your service here in the great southern California Home of ICANN.

Eric Dierker