Re: [ga] This list.....

  • To: debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] This list.....
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 12:29:09 -0400

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:21 PM, Debbie Garside
<debbie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> I think the great shame of this situation is that there are a lot of people
> within this forum with huge amounts of knowledge that could contribute
> greatly to the efforts of ICANN in providing workable solutions to the
> everyday problems that any organization tasked with managing the internet in
> terms of stability, interoperability and, most importantly, security will
> undoubtedly face.

Don't kid yourself .. few people here even understand the dynamics behind
all that is Internet. If they did they would be doing everything in their
power to reduce their dependence on the net.

As for terms like stability, interoperability and security, these are all
ICANN buzz words that mean nothing and say even less.

If indeed something so simple as security was an issue at hand we would have
a statement by now on what the hell is happening with the I root server in
Beijing. But I digress ...

> I would include you, Jeff and Eric in this group of people.

You right - I know my stuff. However kissing my ass is an inappropriate
process of appeal as I find such protestations offensive.

If you value my opinion then make sure your ICANN buddies provide us the
power to vote. That will fix the GA mess you created.

> You have the knowledge but the shame is that you choose to use it in a
> destructive way.

No - nor is there any evidence on the GA this is the case .. and if you feel
otherwise ... please provide supporting evidence.

> This is why the GA will never work again.

The GA will work when ICANN respects it's authority as mandated and gives us
back the power to vote and elect a chair.

I also remind you !Dr. Garside that you sole intent was to close the GA. You
made that clear in one of your messages when you went a bit nutty over the
Patrick Jones affair.

So I'm not altogether sure this appeal can be interpreted as having your
support. But if you are true in wanting the GA to work the solution is in
giving us the power to elect our own chair.

> Until people like you decide to play with the home team there is no hope
> for the GA.

Play on the home team? Theres a home team? Who's on the home team?

Debbie you let the home team know that if they want me to play with them
there's a minimum retainer involved. Unlike some people here I don't bend
over and get screwed for free. Pass it on.

> Unfortunately, what you don't realise, is that you are playing right into
> ICANN's hands.

No I disagree. In fact your evidence of that when you participated in the
Patrick Jones cover-up against the GA.

I !Dr. Garside am a constant remind to people here that ICANN is nothing
more then bureaucratic nonsense and that it does not work. Over the years
pretty well all my statements and predictions have been bang on the money.

> ICANN can quite rightly say that they have a General Assembly that anyone
> may participate in.

They do. It is called the GA or General Assembly and anyone is welcomed to
participate here.

However ICANN also refuses to provide us with the mechanisms required to
empower the GA in the hopes we will someday die off. Didn't work - did it
!Dr. Debbie.

The fact that no one does is down to the likes of you, Jeff and Eric and
> maybe one or two more.

If people choose to be silent thats their business. This is a General
Assembly of people without the power to elect their own chair. Of course
it's going to be a bit rancorous. That is the nature of assemblies denied
their rights.

If you want to change that then speak to your buddies at ICANN (the team)
and have them return to us our voting rights.

And once again I encourage you to run for dictator of the General Assembly.
If people agree with your dictatorial stance on the GAs administration they
can vote you in.

> You make it easy for ICANN to ignore the general public as nothing tangible
> ever comes out of this forum.

Oh but it does. Although the Palmer nonsense is trying people are learning
there are better methods of running the Internet. I've had calls from people
who are experimenting with their own roots as a result of my postings.

It's good stuff. And also with respect to the INAIC / Unifiedroot /
Worldroot scam discussions this group helps get out the word. After all
ICANN has proven it refuses to protect people from these domain scams -
http://bit.ly/bop9ju - but we can and we do.

The GA provides an invaluable service to the Internet community. Even if we
are powerless people still have a voice here.

> Why don't you try to put your knowledge to good use?

I did. I created INAIC - the most successful public root DNS service outside
of ICANN. Of course I shut it down when it began to look like a one man
(Herman Xennt) version of ICANN. My work will not be corrupted.

However the basic business plan worked great - everyone at ICANN knows that.

And I also provide occasional comments and advise here. And my comments have
remained consistent over the years. Many moons ago I was asked to consult on
a Presidential proposal to FIX ICANN. I was asked the question is there any
way to fix ICANN. My answer was a simple "NO". Nothing has changed since.

Now to focus back on the GA ... if you ask me the question, "Is there any
way to fix the GA"? My answer would be "YES - give us back the power to
vote". Pass that on !Dr. Debbie - it's good advice.

regards
joe baptista