Re: [ga] European MP says "unbelievable" German high school student getting away with domain scam

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] European MP says "unbelievable" German high school student getting away with domain scam
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:25:31 +0100

Well,

On 28 April 2010 15:14, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Matthew thanks for taking the time to verify this. Unfortunately you didn't
> do a good job of it.

Hmm, I also have a record from his office - from a different assistant -
we'll just have to see what comes back this time.

> For the record here is the email from the office of Albrecht.

I'm not going to forward the email that I received to a public list, that
would be rather rude.  I have to say that the advice "if you think you have
been defrauded go to the (relevant) police" isn't particularly startling,
nor is it indicative that the MEP or their office consider that there has
actually been a fraud.  I'll stick to my original statement that I know
nothing about the facts of the case.

> Incidentally .. the story also contains a quote from Keith Teare the well
> known founder of RealNames who the scam artists claim was behind on of their
> projects. Teare denied RealNames has anything to do with them and said "I
> just read the various sites", Teare said, "looks like a major scam".

 I don't know Keith - but then I'm on this list as a security person, not as
a domain entrepreneur.  Although I used to be an EasyNet customer ...

M.

--
Matthew Pemble
Technical Director, Idrach Ltd