Re: [ga] Registrants

  • To: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registrants
  • From: Joop Teernstra <terastra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 10:27:14 +1300

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Gardner" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Accountability Headquarters" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 4:05 PM

Transparency? Personal power posturing?

The bulk of ICANN funding comes from Registrants.

We pay for the show, then we're expected to pay AGAIN by have to "self- organise".

We tried that once and got the bum's rush.

It's time for ICANN to acknowledge who pays all the bills, recognise they've been left out of the process for years, and do all the work to get them in the process where they should have rightfully been from day one.

That's right.
What I meant with my parallel to "the peace process" is that the dispossessed and disenfranchised are not offered enough to make it remotely interesting for them (or their volunteer representatives) to come to the table.

Joop