Re: [ga] Registrants

  • To: Accountability Headquarters <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Registrants
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2009 05:47:00 -0800 (PST)

Andy,

That is a very nice knee jerk reaction with an emotional aggravated flavor.
Everyone of sound mind would agree that it is truly an amazing calamity that
registrants cannot even kind of remotely self organize.  The sadness of this
truth is somehow reminiscent and similar to the US housing market of greed,
avarice and "get what is mine" and the good of the whole be damned attitude.

My personal experience and witness has been with Joop, Sotiris and Danny. I
have watched is amazement as that fervor has spilled over here to keep the
dotcommoner from organizing so as not to take the place of the registrants
rights.  The end fighting and lack of leadership in the registrant community
has done more to prevent user direct participation in ICANN than any board
member or entire board.

How about you address those issues and what might be done to correct the course
of Registrant self organization.