RE: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA

  • To: "'Andy Gardner'" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'ga'" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA
  • From: "Roberto Gaetano" <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 01:43:26 +0200

Andy Gardner wrote:

> I seem to recall the IDNO proved our burden 10 years ago, and
> got shafted by Esther and her pals.
>
> What makes you think we want to go through the same
> shenanigans again when we'll just get a "no" at the end?
>
> It'll be a cold day in hell before Registrants get a vote.

The structure of the GNSO is going to be radically changed in Seoul. While
in the past the creation of a constituency was rather difficult, because it
was going to alter the balance of power among the different components of
the DNSO/GNSO, now with the establishment of the Stakeholder Groups the
creation of Constituencies will not affect the situation outside the SG
itself.
So, if there is any willingness to create a registrant constituency, this is
the right time. Of course, a new constituency has to fit within one of the
SGs. For instance, an "Individual Non_Commercial Registrant Constituency"
could easily be created as part of the Non Commercial Stakeholder Group
(NCSG).

Cheers,
Roberto