Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA

  • To: ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Maintenance and Management of the GA
  • From: Andy Gardner <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 22:18:39 -0500

On Sep 25, 2009, at 9:09 AM, Thomas Narten wrote:

At this point, IMO, the burden of proof resides on those wanting to
self-organize.  This can be done via a private list unaffiliated with
ICANN. I don't think ICANN should be seen as blessing such an effort
because having the list hosted by ICANN would appear to give it a
stature that it in fact does not have, i.e., would in effect continue
the current situation we already have.

Thomas

"Burden of proof"

I seem to recall the IDNO proved our burden 10 years ago, and got shafted by Esther and her pals.

What makes you think we want to go through the same shenanigans again when we'll just get a "no" at the end?

It'll be a cold day in hell before Registrants get a vote.