[ga] George was right. It's time to close down this list.

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] George was right. It's time to close down this list.
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:35:28 -0700 (PDT)

Dear all,

Over the last few years I have watched the steady decline of this list.  It
used to be a discussion list known for robust discussions that served a purpose.

Allow me to remind you why this list was created:

"The GA shall be an open forum for participation in the work of the DNSO, and
open to all who are willing to contribute effort to the work of the DNSO. The
participants in the GA should be individuals who have a knowledge of and an
interest in issues pertaining to the areas for which the DNSO has primary
responsibility, and who are willing to contribute time, effort and expertise to
the work of the DNSO, including work item proposal and development, discussion
of work items, draft document preparation, and participation in research and
drafting committees and working groups."

Now ask yourself:  Where are the draft documents?  Where is there any work item
proposal or development?   Where is there any research or drafting effort?
Where is the added value that this list was designed to offer?