Re: [ga] George was right. It's time to close down this list.

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] George was right. It's time to close down this list.
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:12:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Danny,

--- On Thu, 9/24/09, Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Over the last few years I have watched the steady decline
> of this list.  It used to be a discussion list known
> for robust discussions that served a purpose.

We need not even go that far. As I proposed two years ago:

(and the ensuing thread of replies)

one need only create a 2nd list as I mentioned, and give people the choice.
Some who are within constituencies might opt to stay only on the GA list, or
even be on both lists. A little competition, so to speak, might work wonders.

Plus, it's high time all the constituencies had public and archived mailing
lists. To date, the NCUC and BC meet that standard (as does ALAC). The ISP
constituency might meet that standard, but since no one has posted a single
time in all of 2009:

http://www.ispcp.info/abt-mail.html

I wonder if that constituency is still alive? Their votes should be removed
from GNSO council due to lack of a membership base, given the non-existent
participation on their mailing list. The other constituencies only have secret
and hidden mailing lists, which are inconsistent with ICANN's mission of
transparency and accountability.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/