Re: [ga] List censorship and publications Emergency Provisions

  • To: Elisabeth Porteneuve <elisabeth.porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List censorship and publications Emergency Provisions
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 09:40:26 -0700 (PDT)

In that the ICANN staff has taken over the control of the publication of the GA
list the following provisions will be not enforced until further notice:

1. No posting limits
2. No requirements of On topic
3. No and I mean no content monitoring
4. Cross posting must be encouraged in order to assure accuracy and more
important, timeliness.

These actions must be taken in that we now have complete proof that ICANN is
censoring and republishing the posts made to this list.  We cannot be
responsible for publications made by another. All posts made hereafter must be
considered as ""submitted" to Kent Crispin for publication. Monitors here and
the chair cannot endorse or accept what ICANN through their agent Kent Crispin
publishes and perhaps more important what he does not.

For a full legal explanation of these actions please refer to Jones & Day
public opinions on the practice of monitoring and censoring lists.  Pursuant to
those published opines we relinquish all publication rights to ICANN.