Re: [ga] List censorship and publications

  • To: Elisabeth Porteneuve <elisabeth.porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] List censorship and publications
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 11:42:21 -0400

ok folks - watch as the bullshit and excuses fly.

On Thu, Sep 24, 2009 at 6:17 AM, Elisabeth Porteneuve <
elisabeth.porteneuve@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,

greeting to you to elisabeth - long time no tango.

> I think I understand what Eric/Hugh says, and recall explanation given to
> me by Kent Krispin a couple (5?) of years ago.

ok - she's getting us ready for the bull.

> There is no censorship, but very inconvenient rule, that GA archives do not
> update immediately, but a couple of hours later (2 or 4, do not remember).

No - there is active censorship as per the chairs original explanation. This
is an old trick used by the BWG to keep decent at bay without the decenter
knowing he was being censored. It is a lot of work to do and if the chair,
myself and other are being subjected to this very costly censor - we'll it's
a clear indication we have something to say a minority does not want to be
heard.

The way it works is that a group of people are on an insiders list. This is
a list of people who communicate with and receive communications from the
censored party. Another list contains all the people who will not see the
censored parties posts - the majority. Jaap is an example of a person on the
list who can communicate and receive the censored parties communications.

A game is played against the censored parties in which certain messages are
posted and certain messages are not. Richard Sexton knows best how to
explain the workings and mechanics of this scheme. I have already conducted
an audit and have verified Hugh concerns are valid.

> Look on attached PDF with archives as at 24sep09 11:58 Paris local time. I
> already received Jaap's message (quoted below), whilst his message does not
> show yet in archives.

blah blah blah.

We know which list your on Elisabeth.

and more blah blah

> I do not know why Kent did it, neither his explanation why, it was very
> inconvenient for me at that time and still is. I prefer much more read
> archives (messages recorded in chronological order), than my mailbox (do not
> necessary have time to do it live, furthermore at the end point it may
> happen the order is not chronological, depending on SMTP and firewall's
> rules).

blah blah blah.

regards
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista

www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium
The future of the Internet is Open, Transparent, Inclusive, Representative &
Accountable to the Internet community @large.
 Office: +1 (360) 526-6077 (extension 052)
    Fax: +1 (509) 479-0084

Personal: www.joebaptista.wordpress.com