[ga] The list is not a peanut gallery

  • To: GA <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] The list is not a peanut gallery
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 05:37:13 -0700 (PDT)

I write to make some clarifications about this list. Please view these comments
in light of the following; Really important issues of our times are not
resolved for a paycheck, they are resolved by those willing to stand fast and
endure repeated gut-checks. Who we are and the legacies we leave are not
defined by our titles or accolades they are defined by our sincere
determination to do right, and what we considered right.

This is just a list. It does not have authority or power within the structure
of ICANN. However this list is monitored and considered by most involved with
decision making regarding our issues in ICANN and the US gov., not to mention
other govs and agencies. If you post here to receive recognition or demand
response, you are in the wrong place. But if you post here to have your voice
heard and, through perseverance, understood you have a seat at the head of the
table.

A few examples:
George has set a template and created a trustworthy source of "auditing"
revelations here.
We all know he would like the respect of the common courtesy of responses to
his posts. Well he does not get them and probably never will. It would seem he
must be satisfied with his part in the process. His knowledge genie/genius
cannot be stuffed back in the bottle.
JW is brash and consistently offensive to many. He is dogged in his
determination to point out irregularities and the negative actions and impact
of officialdom. He does not wish to be liked or even respected but his posts
and bringing others into awareness are a part of the process.
Danny (although on hiatus) has for years brought to our attention actions being
taken that might well, without him, never see the light of day.
The value of Dr. Baptistas' contributions are constantly belittled and
slandered. Generally because there is no possible basis for denying his logic.
Therefor those who may be injured by the light of day attack the messenger.

So we continue to take the heat. We remain here to squabble. And we are often
frustrated and denied. But you could always rise from mere member here to
Roberto's place. ;-). Remember also Peter Dengate-Thrush was an active member
here and look where that got him. The list goes on.