Re: [ga] New top level domains considered harmful

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] New top level domains considered harmful
  • From: Peter Dambier <peter@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 01:09:13 +0200

Hi George,

with some 85% of all domains in .com DNS has already
deteriorated to a flat file again.

ccTLDs are useless, most of them for most of us.

When you are unrooted by your job or by the market you have to go for .com

Now have a look at DNS:

com.  600 IN  SOA a.gtld-servers.net. nstld.verisign-grs.com. 1240354591 1800
900 604800 900
net.  600 IN  SOA a.gtld-servers.net. nstld.verisign-grs.com. 1240354606 1800
900 604800 900

Looks like there was no alternative to .com

When you replace the root-servers.net with gtld-servers.net
you will be correct most of the time. Now you do have a flat file.

Kind regards
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier
Planet Communication and Computing Facility