Re: [ga] RE: Monthly Reports

  • To: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] RE: Monthly Reports
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 20:44:33 -0700

George and all,

  I fully agree with your proposed solution as a teaching exercise
for the CFO's office, but would include the CFO's.  Perhaps
even the CEO's salary as well which is far to high anyway.

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> You're correct that the total need not be summed up. However, the entire
> column for domains at each registry was missing, as were other columns. If
> you read page 6 of the dot-cat PDF for December 2008, which duplicates the
> Appendix 4 fields, there are 35 required fields. However, there were only
> columns A through W submitted on the spreadsheet table (which is 23 fields).
> Thus 12 fields (columns) were entirely missing. It's not just the totals (in
> a row) that were missing (which were optional). Appendix 4 does state:
>
> http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/agreements/cat/cat-appendix4-22mar06.htm
>
> "This report shall be transmitted to ICANN electronically in comma or pipe
> separated-value format, using the following fields per registrar:"
>
> so it's relatively easy to count up to 35, to see that all fields are
> present. For ICANN staff earning above market salaries:
>
> http://www.circleid.com/posts/20090105_icann_for_profit_companies_comparables/
>
> I would think that knowing there's a difference between 23 and 35 would be
> something "above average" employees would be qualified to know. If they don't
> know that difference, I'd suggest the CFO cut people's paycheques by
> 12/35ths, to see if they notice a difference.
>
> Most ICANN staff members typically ignore questions to them (save for those
> coming from registry operators who pay for fancy parties at ICANN meetings),
> unless the issue is published on the lists to "prod them" into action. If
> there is an official email address that is public and archived, feel free to
> post it, and that might encourage people to submit it to staff who will then
> be responsive (because their lack of an answer can be monitored by all).
> You'll note for example the Mexico Question Box answers didn't appear until I
> posted about it on the GA list:

> and even then, answers were evasive, e.g. ICANN denied receiving any notice
> they were researching my views on Obama!

> ICANN knows the timestamp and IP address of the individual, so they certainly
> know exactly who was responsible.
>
> I don't feel so bad that my concerns are ignored, given ICANN has also
> ignored the NTIA/DOJ/DOC in their new gTLD comments. Unlike them, I have no
> power whatsoever over ICANN. It would be better if ICANN continued to ignore
> me, but instead listened to the NTIA/DOJ/DOC (and the concerns of the vast
> majority of the public who oppose new gTLDs), if ICANN truly cares about its
> long-term survival. But, if they plan to listen to everyone, that's fine too.
> I guess we'll see for sure whether ICANN turns the corner and becomes
> responsive to the community if the new gTLD plan is simply shelved or put on
> the backburner for further study. Time will tell.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.leap.com/

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827