[ga] RE: Monthly Reports

  • To: Patrick Jones <patrick.jones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] RE: Monthly Reports
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:32:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Patrick,

Just a quick followup, there's a certain delicious irony that according to your
bio:

http://www.icann.org/en/biog/jones.htm
http://www.webcitation.org/5g2ZocLPw

you "assisted with e-commerce issues, domain name protection and intellectual
property enforcement for a variety of clients, including the International
Olympic Committee" in your prior life before ICANN. Now, the IOC is threatening
to sue ICANN if the new gTLD plan goes ahead:

http://domainnamewire.com/2009/04/09/olympics-to-icann-well-sue-you/

If ICANN is not going to listen to me, and not going to listen to the
DOJ/DOC/NTIA, they might want to listen to the IOC, especially if you ever hope
to go back to having them as a client one day post-ICANN.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.leap.com/