Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] GoDaddy VP Caught Bidding Against Customers
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 23:59:09 -0700

Danny and all,

  Now you of all people know full well that ICANN can't/wont
vigerously enforce it's RAA's as the RegistryFly situation clearly
showed.  Now, all thought nearly a year belated, we have a different
transgression from GoDaddy.  Will ICANN vigerously enforce it's
RAA with GoDaddy?  My guess is no it wont.
Also see:
http://domainnamewire.com/2008/06/23/sedo-and-pool-explain-employee-policies-for-bidding/
which gives some history that may shed some more light upon the situation
in a more direct manner.

  Further given the fees ICANN collects from it's registrars, ICANN has a
vested interest
in not vigerously enforcing much of anything, let alone the RAA's.  This leaves
only civil
class action legal actions to force ICANN to do it's duty.  As such, yet another
reason why a Registrants constituency is badly needed.

Danny Younger wrote:

> Re:  So, of course, the solution is to invite even more looters to the party,
> right Danny?
>
> The solution is draft better contracts and to rigorously enforce those
> contracts.
>
> With that said, the published proposed amendments to the RAA are wholly
> inadequate as (1) they fail to deal with all the primary concerns raised
> during the RegisterFly meltdown and (2) they fail to tighten up language in
> key clauses such as 3.7.8.  ...but I'll post my comments on this topic in
> detail to the RAA Forum during the next month.
>
> Enforcement is the primary concern.  We see, for example, that dotforce.com
> was deaccredited on 11-14-2007 and yet they still display the ICANN
> accredited logo  -- see
> http://www.dotandco.net/ressources/icann_registrars/dates/deaccreditation.en+dotforce+deaccredited&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us
>
> We see that bestregistrar.com was also de-accredited and yet their Terms of
> Service agreement still reads "BestRegistrar.com and CORE are accredited
> registrars with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
> ("ICANN") under an agreement with ICANN ("ICANN Agreement")".
>
> Trade Associations have a real problem disciplining their members.  By all
> indications ICANN has become the guild manager of a registry/registrar trade
> association.

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 281k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827