RE: [ga] Domain tasting comments

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Domain tasting comments
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:23:23 +0200

Dear Avri,

I have just read the Summary/analysis of comments on Domain Tasting and
I do not understand the following wording in the document at
http://forum.icann.org/lists/domain-tasting-motion/msg00056.html

"Staff will incorporate these comments, and any updated constituency
statements received, into a final report by 4 April 2008. The GNSO
Council will then review and consider these comments and the final
report. The Council is scheduled to consider the matter further,
including motions that may be drafted or updated prior to its scheduled
17 April meeting."

Does it mean the staff (is it ICANN BoD?) will first consider and
prepare the final report out of this document findings and the GNSO will
consequently approve, amend or possibly refuse it?

Why the GNSO Council recommends a final solution to the BoD to consider
(Attachment I) before evaluating and considering the facts and the
results obtained during this motion first?

I do not understand. Can you please explain this to me?

Thank you

Dominik