RE: [ga] Re: Proposal: Establishing a Registrant Advisory Committee

  • To: "Danny Younger" <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [ga] Re: Proposal: Establishing a Registrant Advisory Committee
  • From: "Dominik Filipp" <dominik.filipp@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 15:00:33 +0100

Danny,

yes, you are right. I have just reviewed the ICANN structure chart and
realized that both the approaches are not necessarily incompatible as
they indeed can live together.

The only question is what the preference should look like. We should not
split the attention into two things but rather fully concentrate on one,
in my opinion.

I would prefer focusing on the registrant constituency to the registrant
advisory committee for two reasons. Firstly, it gives a full
participation (including vote) on GNSO issues and, secondly, we should
take advantage of the upcoming reforms planned in the GNSO in the near
future (GNSO Improvements Issue). See

http://www.icann.org/topics/gnso-improvements/summary-proposed-improveme
nts-19oct07.pdf

where you can notice a motion towards something similar to registrant
constituency.

But if you think the registrant advisory committee proposition could be
running in parallel, maybe you are right... but I personally doubt. We
can be discussing this further.

Dominik