Re: [ga] .et wildcarded

  • To: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .et wildcarded
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:21:35 -0500

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dr. Joe and all,

 I believe what we have here is an argument centered in the
appropriateness of when and when not to use wildcarding.
Yes I agree. There are technical issues and policy issue. Unfortunately what we need these days is better technical control of namespace and policy just mucks it up. Thats why we have som much error in the namespace.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/02/05/dud_queries_swamp_us_internet/

I rest my case.

cheers
joe baptista

 Ted made a good but not all inclusive point earlier on this
thread.  Does his point apply to .et?  I don't know for
a certanty, but as .et has been a troublesome ccTLD in the
past due mainly to poor DNS security, it would not be surprising
to me that .et being wildcarded was a half measure attempt
to thwart hackers.  Better, would have been to have DNSSEC
installed correctly.
From my own perspective, I have concern regarding the child
poronography spam I recieve and have been occasionally duped
into from .com domains. In fact it has gotten rather serious.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
  Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx