Re: [ga] .et wildcarded

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .et wildcarded
  • From: jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 02:28:04 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Dr. Joe and all,

  I believe what we have here is an argument centered in the
appropriateness of when and when not to use wildcarding.

  Ted made a good but not all inclusive point earlier on this
thread.  Does his point apply to .et?  I don't know for
a certanty, but as .et has been a troublesome ccTLD in the
past due mainly to poor DNS security, it would not be surprising
to me that .et being wildcarded was a half measure attempt
to thwart hackers.  Better, would have been to have DNSSEC
installed correctly.

 From my own perspective, I have concern regarding the child
poronography spam I recieve and have been occasionally duped
into from .com domains.  In fact it has gotten rather serious.

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 277k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln

ABA member in good standing member ID 01257402 E-Mail jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx