Re: [ga] .et wildcarded

  • To: JFC Morfin <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] .et wildcarded
  • From: Joe Baptista <baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:26:41 -0500

JFC Morfin wrote:

Dear Joe,
what worries me most, about all the ISP/Registrars not understanding the way the naming system/usage work, is that they are unable to anticipate on what may happen any time (due to a Draft, a move of M$, a Government, a wizz-kid, my learning of Windows, their competition, etc.) and to confuse it with a wrong alternative (alt-roots). The remark is also valid and the same for alt-root people.

The future is not among roots, but the end of the root concept. Reality is TLD forests. Registrars and ISPs are totally unprepared and ready to lose their customers to other more informed. What is amazing is that ICANN documented it and asked them to test the situation years ago (ICP-3). No one cares: I think I am alone having followed the advice of ICANN and respected its test-bed protocol (and I am continuing).

I agree with you. The reality today in fact IS TLD forests. Some months ago I remember getting your email on ICP-3 - which I also remember on the date of its publication. At that time decided that yes it would be approriate for the Public Root to likewise respect the test bed. What we need is appropriate proceedure to register an experiment under ICP-3. ANy ideas?

Kindest regards
joe baptista

--
Joe Baptista                                www.publicroot.org
PublicRoot Consortium

begin:vcard
fn:Joe Baptista
n:Baptista;Joe
org:PublicRoot Consortium
adr:;;963 Ford Street;Peterborough;Ontario;K9J 5V5 ;Canada
email;internet:baptista@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
title:PublicRoot Representative
tel;fax:+1 (509) 479-0084
tel;cell:+1 (416) 912-6551