Re: [ga] Agendas

  • To: Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Agendas
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2007 07:07:45 -0400

Roberto Gaetano wrote:
My personal position is that the GA should be a mailing list that all people
participating to the GNSO processes, either as individuals, or as
representatives of an organization, can subscribe to. This is matter under
discussion in the GNSO Review WG, as many other options are possible.
The GNSO Review WG plans to have a draft document ready for discussion in
LA.

That is great news Roberto.

It would be nice if said list was divested of any legacy baggage and institutional trappings. i.e. it would be great for the GNSO to have a simple, humble list called "discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" that we could use to discuss issues amongst each other and with interested parties.

I think the interested parties portion is important and I understand the risks associated with it. This might perhaps be handled on an invitational basis or similar.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.

http://www.domaindirect.com