Re: [ga] Agendas

  • To: ross@xxxxxxxxxx, Roberto Gaetano <roberto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Agendas
  • From: George Kirikos <gkirikos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2007 09:06:21 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

--- Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> > My personal position is that the GA should be a mailing list that
> all people
> > participating to the GNSO processes, either as individuals, or as
> > representatives of an organization, can subscribe to. This is
> matter under
> > discussion in the GNSO Review WG, as many other options are
> possible.
> > The GNSO Review WG plans to have a draft document ready for
> discussion in
> > LA.
>
> That is great news Roberto.
>
> It would be nice if said list was divested of any legacy baggage and
> institutional trappings. i.e. it would be great for the GNSO to have
> simple, humble list called "discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" that we could use
> discuss issues amongst each other and with interested parties.
>
> I think the interested parties portion is important and I understand
the
> risks associated with it. This might perhaps be handled on an
> invitational basis or similar.

These would be large steps in the right direction! Go R + R !!

I doubt the Board or GNSO Council would get much dissent if such a
mailing list was created immediately (at least first amongst
contituency participants), in parallel to this one. It can be "tweaked"
later, once the WG report is out. Early adopters/subscribers can be
considered beta-testers.

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/