Re: [council] NCA Assignments

Hi again,

On Oct 8, 2009, at 3:03 PM, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

What is the NCSG position?

I can only speak for NCUC. I raised the issue the other day among our leadership and we only had responses from two of the nine people (councilors plus newly elected Exec. Comm), and they had somewhat different perspectives, so there was nothing that could be called a consensus position. At the same time, as of yesterday morning when I got a message from Kristina indicating CSG support and asking for our view, I'd not seen any discussion on the list with other SGs expressing a preference. So it seemed unlikely there was time to go back to our people spread around the world in different time zones, arrive at a clear position, and then engage other SGs on the list and get consensus before the random selection was to kick in.

Are you opposed to seating Andrei in the
Non-Contracted Party House?

?? Last I heard the NCAs had suggested

Contracted Parties House - Andrey
Non contracted Parties House - Terry
Independent non-voting - Olga
If so, please say so even if it is just
from the NCUC. I happened to talk to RrSG ExCom members and am aware of
their position but I will let them communicate that.

Would be good to hear. But we'd agreed an approach and Avri followed it, so on process grounds this discussion is a bit puzzling.

Best,

Bill