[ga] Registrars approve the registrar-level fees

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [ga] Registrars approve the registrar-level fees
  • From: Danny Younger <dannyyounger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:17:08 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Kurt Pritz [mailto:pritz@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2005 5:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: Thank you for approving ICANN fees

Dear Registrar,

ICANN is pleased to announce that gTLD registrars have
approved the registrar-level fees as described in
ICANN's Adopted Budget for Fiscal Year 2005-06
<http://www.icann.org/financials/adopted-budget-12aug05.html>.

As of today, 142 registrars, representing over 70% of
registrar-level fees paid, have expressed their
approval (exceeding the two-thirds approval required).
 We sincerely wish to thank each of you for your
support and your ongoing contribution to the viability
of a healthy organization.

As explained in our earlier letter, with this approval
ICANN agrees not to implement a registry-level fee in
.COM that could be directly passed through to
registrars during the fiscal year ending 30 June 2006,
nor to retroactively apply any such registry-level fee
for the same period.  We are also committed to discuss
long term ICANN projected revenue requirements,
potential funding mechanisms, and modifying the
process by
which registrars approve the budget.

IMPORTANT - Because we understand that many of you
need to close out your books for the current calendar
year, we will move quickly to provide invoices for the
first quarter of the fiscal year (July - September
2005).  Because of this short timeframe, we will need
to receive any requests for deferral of multi-year
transaction fees and requests for "forgiveness" of a
portion of the per-registrar variable fee no later
than 21 December 2005.
Please send such requests for the first quarter to
accounting@xxxxxxxxxx

Once again, thank you for your expressions of support.
Please write to me directly with any questions at
pritz@xxxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,

Kurt Pritz
ICANN