Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi

Please let stop this confusion. Either Joop is right and ICANN looks for money even if they kill the net.

Or the .mobi TLD has per se nothing to do with mobiles but with mobile owners (this is why I quoted gangsters). The last quote of BL by Sotiris then applies. I do not know what BL realy meant by "portal" in Sotiris first quote as the document was not explicit, but I registered the TM "tipi" for a "telephone internet personal interface" as a portal of the services a user could get/offer and the info and service I could put on line about my telephone/mobile. The image of a Tipi being "my personal mobile home" and because I had made a deal with the now frozen ".top" ccTLD. For example jefsey.tipi would be for me the place to control my mobile/telephone menu, for people to drop me a short mail, to know where I am, etc.

We would need to review the ".mobi" application (where is it?). If it is meant to be domain names for mobiles, they already are one: anyone's existing domain name used with a telephone scheme. http://ibm.com is IBM web site and tel://ibm.com is the IBM telephone desk. A domain name shoud not be used to replace a missing RR. If the IETF is unable to deliver (where are IDNs, where is IPv6, where
is ENUM, who defined NATs, VoIP, P2P, ICQ, etc.) then the IETF must be replaced.

The correct db.file should read.

domain.name.         SOA ............
                             A   IP of the web site
                             MX IP of the mail server
                             TEL IP of the telephone exchange

and NOT:

domain.name.         SOA ............
                             A   IP of the web site
                             MX IP of the mail server

domain.mobi
                             A  IP of the telephone exchange

Also a major problem at not resolving ENUM properly is the IP of the telephone number. If I register 33142928100.mobi what will happen? This is a non TM protected name. I like its symbolic a lot because it sums as 33, it has 11 digit, it ends in 00, starts in 33 and the sum divided by 11 is 3 while the central digit is 3 by 3 = 9, with the first segment 142 adding to 7 and starting with 1 and the end of the second segment 81 (starting with 2) subtracting to 7 while the two side digits of the central digits are equal a 2. So I have good grounds to show I am a bona fide registrant for a bingo site, all the more than no one can object to my owning of 33142928100.com etc.

Yet this is the phone number of Jacques Chirac.
jfc