Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi

  • To: ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi
  • From: "J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:36:21 +0100
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry for the confusion, my spell checker changed ".tp" in ".top" - what made the sentence meaningless. ".tp" was good for "telephone" and "tipi", but it was East Timor and the name is to be changed.

Too bad: it would have given money to this extremely poor country to develop their Internet as their ccTLD Manager (a gentlemen from Dublin) had foreseen and helped, fostering a few technicians from Timor in Ireland for a couple of years at his own expanse. I frankly would have preferred the money from mobiles to help a developing country rather than a money wasting ICANN sponsored commercial venture. I know this is part of the "Shaping the World" policy, but sorry, but mine is "Saving the World" from being NBC (NeoBizCon or nuclear biological chemical) reshaped.

jfc