Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi

  • To: "J-F C. \(Jefsey\) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Sir Berners-Lee on specific problems with .mobi
  • From: Hugh Dierker <hdierker2204@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 05:57:00 -0800 (PST)
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jefsey,

I think your concept and model are good ones.
I have been involved in several such efforts and they can work.
All of the problems of the open market system befall them. But hard work and money can overcome these obstacles.
It can also be a very attractive dual role for a country ccTLD that can foster understanding and mutual respect. My two favorites and still to watch are .LA (Laos and Los Angeles) and .VN (Vietnam and Veterans Network) I would hope that we could open .US(United States and United Services {worldwide charities}).

Eric

"J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin" <jefsey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry for the confusion, my spell checker changed ".tp" in ".top" - what
made the sentence meaningless. ".tp" was good for "telephone" and "tipi",
but it was East Timor and the name is to be changed.

Too bad: it would have given money to this extremely poor country to
develop their Internet as their ccTLD Manager (a gentlemen from Dublin) had
foreseen and helped, fostering a few technicians from Timor in Ireland for
a couple of years at his own expanse. I frankly would have preferred the
money from mobiles to help a developing country rather than a money wasting
ICANN sponsored commercial venture. I know this is part of the "Shaping the
World" policy, but sorry, but mine is "Saving the World" from being NBC
(NeoBizCon or nuclear biological chemical) reshaped.

jfc