Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 21:17:56 +0100

Folks,

I note that Jeff is clearly at least de minimis practicing to be a
professional politician because he has ignored any of the questions posed
and gone off on one.

However, to indulge him. Because it is the weekend and I've had some wine
with dinner as well as the pre-prandial glass ...

On 27 April 2012 18:37, Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   As now history has shown us, us.kids and .xxx have been significantly
> unsuccessful in achieving the stated goals
> by which they were promoted.    A .REL may indeed also suffer the same
> fate, but also has a chance if done carefully
> and diligently.  Is such not worthy of the effort and/or consideration?
>  My answer is yes.  What's yours Matt?  If it is NO
> as I suspect, than why NO?

Hey, of course. Let people make the effort. It might work, and make the
world a better place. It might not, but, hey, their choice, their effort.

As a note, to Karl particularly: did Jeff post a personal response to the
list? If so, can we have him taken round the back of the virtual bike-sheds
and thoroughly castigated, please. My apols in advance to Jeff if both my
email and the archives failed to register Karl's response to the list.

M.

--
Matthew Pemble
Technical Director, Idrach Ltd