Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?
  • From: Matthew Pemble <matthew@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 17:26:57 +0100

Williams 2012. The candidate for domain purity?

"No-one expects the Internet Inquisition!"

Seriously, please. Never mid the errors in US tax law, are you suggesting that
.tv should be restricted to organisations operating in Tuvalu and .me to
Montenegro?

The world has moved on and is now using the Internet in ways un-dreamt of by
the pioneers. We need to make sure we work within the new business and
operating paradigm, helping to make it robust and secure. Otherwise we'll be an
irrelevance. Like RMS insisting that it shouldn't be called "Linux". Correct,
but irrelevant.

Oh, and for consistencies sake, Jeff. Why do you think a .rel would work any
better than the .xxx you were castigating earlier.

M (on the first of the Friday evening wine)

---

Matthew Pemble
Tel: +44 7595 652175

Chained to the desk by iPhone(TM)!