Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?

  • To: "ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] Has there been any progress on a .REL gTLD?
  • From: Jeffrey Williams <jwkckid2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 10:37:52 -0700

Matt and all,

  Thank you so much for your response.  .REL might counter balance .XXX
depending on the contract requirements
for registering a domain name in such a name space accordingly, which I
mentioned in my original post suggesting
same.   For instance prohibiting porn centric or porn content associated
with a .REL domain name.  Such would need
to be worded carefully and specifically of course.

  Yes errors in US tax law are indeed many and varied to be sure.
 Correction of same is and has been a monumental
task that is ongoing and often times problematic as has US FCC regulation
which is relevant to this thread.

  As now history has shown us, us.kids and .xxx have been significantly
unsuccessful in achieving the stated goals
by which they were promoted.    A .REL may indeed also suffer the same
fate, but also has a chance if done carefully
and diligently.  Is such not worthy of the effort and/or consideration?  My
answer is yes.  What's yours Matt?  If it is NO
as I suspect, than why NO?

  As you may know, I and my organization was opposed to .xxx for the very
reasons it has now shown to have failed.
That fact is well documented and recognized.  I may also be just as WRONG
as I was RIGHT with .xxx in respect to a .REL
for religious or religious organisations.  Still I fear not to tread on
this ground.  Seems you do, or do you?  It seems much
to my astonishment many churches and other religious denominations also
fear to tread here as well.  I have to wonder
and question why?  So I do so.

Kindest regards and god bless,

CISO
Phone: 214-245-2647