Re: [ga] new to list and thoughts

  • To: Corey Leong <cleong@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [ga] new to list and thoughts
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 19:51:25 -0800

Corey and all,

  As you my or may not know, recently ICANN has delayed
the introduction of new gTLD's, for reasons that are not really
known in full, but has seemingly been cloaked in obviscation due
to the suit regarding .XXX previous application.

  That said, and FWIW, if you want to go ahead and submit an
application and send your check into ICANN along with your
business plan for your proposed TLD, feel free to do so at the
near certainty of not having your check returned if your application is
rejected or otherwise not approved.

  Frankly I don't find such a process very attractive from a business
or financial perspective, and would far rather take that same amount of
money and go to Las Vegas, Atlantic City, or the south of France,
and play Roulette, or some other game of chance with it, as my odds are
far better that I would profit, as a comparison only of course.  I don't
Gamble in this fashion at all.

  Other wise, welcome abroad, and keep your flame suit at the ready,
your life vest handy, and your opinions in check if they disagree with
the list monitors in any fashion.  So enjoy! >:)

Corey Leong wrote:

> Greetings all --
>
> I have been lurking for the past week or so and have found the chatter
> quite interesting.
>
> Would have never guessed a lack of transparency and openness from the
> outside looking in regarding icann.
> Then again, I'm in the Real Estate Industry and we deal with these
> issues on a daily basis, too. :(
>
> My purpose for joining this list was to research if applying for a new
> tld for the real estate industry would be a feasible action.
>
> After reading the pdfs and messages, I'm a bit skeptical now if I
> really should continue researching this endeavour.
>
> Was wondering if I could get thoughts or comments on applying during
> the present time or if other options are available.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Corey
>
> --
> Corey Leong
> Executive Director
>
> Global Real Estate And Technology Consortium (GR8C)
> PO Box 691871
> Orlando, FL 32869
>
> web:     http://gr8c.org
> mobile:  +1 407 963 5209
> skype:   gr8consortium
> email:   cleong@xxxxxxxx
> sl:      Neo Prinz
> myspace: http://myspace.com/gr8consortium
> twitter: http://twitter.com/gr8c

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827