[ga] More RIAA missives - RIAA Drops Enforcement Case To "Sort Out" Inaccuracies

  • To: Ga <ga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, IPC <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "twomey@xxxxxxxxx" <twomey@xxxxxxxxx>, Peter Dengate Thrush <barrister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Paul Levins <paul.levins@xxxxxxxxx>, Whitehouse <Comments@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [ga] More RIAA missives - RIAA Drops Enforcement Case To "Sort Out" Inaccuracies
  • From: "Jeffrey A. Williams" <jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 04:10:06 -0800

All,

  Well here we go again.  One of the few cases that the RIAA has
actually won, and received an award of all of a whopping $4000.00
seems now to have been botched at the collection stage.  Tisk, tisk.
And this was a DEFAULT judgment no less!  No wonder student
lawyers are giving them a sound thrashing at nearly every turn...
You almost feel sorry for the RIAA with such a poor performance
like this, almost...  But I have to wonder why in the heck, they still
have any clients left?  I guess, ignorance is a blessing in some ways
for the RIAA...

  Anyway, good follow up and hound dogging here Ray!  Keep
up the good works!  >:)

See:
 http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/ NewYorkCountryLawyer
writes "The other day I reported on my blog that the record companies
had assigned, to the RIAA itself, a $4000 default judgment they'd gotten
against
some lady in Massachusetts, and that the RIAA was
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/#6681657811033947286
going after the defendant with an 'enforcement' proceeding to squeeze
the
money out of her.  Today, it turns out, the RIAA
http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2009_02_01_archive.html#7369975236892196100

withdrew its motion because, according to the RIAA's collection lawyer,
the
motion
http://beckermanlegal.com/pdf/?file=/Lawyer_Copyright_Internet_Law/riaa_buckley_090206MotWithdrawMotEnforce.pdf

contained factual inaccuracies ... which plaintiff needs to sort out'
(PDF). The collection lawyer must be new around here; a few little
'factual inaccuracies' never bothered an RIAA lawyer before."

Regards,

Spokesman for INEGroup LLA. - (Over 284k members/stakeholders strong!)
   Abraham Lincoln
"YES WE CAN!"  Barack ( Berry ) Obama

jwkckid1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Phone: 214-244-4827