[registrars] Updated Ballot on Tasting

  • To: "Registrar Constituency" <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Updated Ballot on Tasting
  • From: "Nevett, Jonathon" <jnevett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 17:22:26 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just to bring everyone up to speed.  The Registrar Constituency has
approved a statement on tasting, which has been sent to the GNSO
Council.  The statement provides that registrars are opposed to the
elimination of the AGP.  It also provides two "views" that registrars
generally have on tasting.  At the same time, the RC also approved an
amendment that seeks to determine more specific member views on tasting.

As you know, we have been back and forth on various ballots.  As
highlighted by posts by Tom Barrett and Paul Goldstone, the problem is
that there appear to be more than just the two views on tasting that we
approved in the statement.  It's too bad that this dialogue hadn't
occurred during the discussion period on the statement.  Considering
that our statement was due on December 5, the public comment period
closed yesterday, and the GNSO Final Report is due next week, however,
we just don't have time (nor the inclination) to revisit the whole
statement.

Therefore, by a unanimous vote of the Executive Committee, we are moving
forward with the following ballot.  The ballot, which will open
tomorrow, is the same ballot that I posted on Friday, but we have added
a line for members to abstain.  We hope that the abstention line
responds to comments from folks that they don't like the ballot at all,
they think that this is a waste of time, etc.

/_ / Agree with view 1

/_ / Agree with view 2

/_ / Agree with both views

/_ / Don't agree with either view

/_ / Abstain

Sorry that this has been such a difficult process.

Thanks.

Jon