Re: [registrars] Re: Ballot to determine whether ICANN Registrars favor or oppose Domain Tasting.

  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Re: Ballot to determine whether ICANN Registrars favor or oppose Domain Tasting.
  • From: Russ Goodwin <russ@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 16:16:14 -0500
  • Cc: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks, Ross, Rob, and John, I appreciate all your comments.

@Ross - to clarify: I was simply stating my opinion, not trying to make an argument. I don't feel there are technical grounds for addressing "tasting" nor for eliminating the AGP, therefore I view any action by ICANN on the matter (including initiation of a PDP) as an attempt to regulate the market.

Rob wrote "We need to tone down the spin and politics, and
start concentrating on what outcome we want."

I couldn't agree more! So here it is with no spin: the outcome my company wants is status quo - no change to the current rules.

@John - It's my eggplant and my choice, keep your laws off my eggplant.

-Russ