[registrars] Motion on Travel Funding

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Motion on Travel Funding
  • From: Ross Rader <ross@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 21:51:13 -0500
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to propose that the constituency adopt the following motion as its position regarding travel funding for GNSO councillors;

--
Whereas the GNSO Council is composed of constituency representatives from specific and significant groups of stakeholders, plus liaisons and nominating committee appointees, and;

Whereas, those groups of stakeholders are private sector participants with a professional interest in the work of ICANN and the GNSO, and;

Whereas those participants include representatives from a broad cross- section of well-funded corporations, professional associations, lobby firms and other organizations,

Therefore be it resolved

a) That the GNSO Registrar Constituency does not believe it is appropriate to fund the participation of GNSO Constituency Councillors in any way, including to fund travel to any ICANN meetings or events.

b) That the Constituency adopt this as its formal position and instructs its elected representatives to vigorously advocate this position.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
t. 416.538.5492
c. 416.828.8783
http://www.domaindirect.com

"To solve the problems of today, we must focus on tomorrow."
- Erik Nupponen