[registrars] Definition of "Registered Representative"; procedures for changing same.

  • To: Registrars Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>, RC Voting Members <registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [registrars] Definition of "Registered Representative"; procedures for changing same.
  • From: "Robert F. Connelly" <BobC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:37:49 -0800
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Registrars:

I made reference to "Registered Representative" in my prior posting on Attendance.

Here is the By-Laws provision:

2.2. Registered Representative - Upon obtaining membership in the Registrar Constituency, the Member shall designate a Registered Representative who will act as a representative of the firm and have the authorization to speak and vote on behalf of the Member concerning Constituency matters. Each Member shall only appoint one such representative. Only the Registered Representative will be allowed to vote or speak formally on behalf of the Member. The Member may change its appointed Registered Representative at any time with notice to the Constituency Secretary.

Please note the last sentence. If a different person is to attend the Vancouver meeting instead of the current incumbent, it is only necessary for said incumbent to notify the Secretary of his intention to "pass the baton" to another.

Regards, BobC