Re: [registrars] WIPO II

At 09:36 AM 1/26/04, Ross Wm. Rader wrote:
On 1/26/2004 11:53 AM Robert F. Connelly noted that:

Dear Registrars: This morning during the WIPO II teleconference, I relayed a grievance presented by several of our members that some of the vendors for panels under the UDRP are though to lack objectivity and to favor the arguments of the challenger as opposed to the respondents. Jonathan Cohen, the Chair of the "committee" disagreed. He has offered to present his figures at our meeting in Rome. Will such be of interest to our members in attendance?

An objective discussion of the facts would be most interesting. Are their also specific policy implications to this discussion?

Dear Ross: A very good question. I am on the RC Rome Agenda to discuss WIPO II. There are policy issues a plenty to discuss. I'd like to be permitted to invite David Maher to our meeting. David is the Registries representative on the WIPO II committee. The position of the Registries is quite similar to ours.

How does that grab you?

Personal regards, BobC

        -rwr