Re: [registrars] Ballot Procedure Discussion

  • To: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [registrars] Ballot Procedure Discussion
  • From: Rick Wesson <wessorh@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:54:17 -0700 (PDT)
  • Cc: "Robert F. Connelly" <rconnell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Registrar Constituency <registrars@xxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-registrars@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mike,

> It is possible with the Boardroom account to create multiple accounts. I
> would recommend creating a Superuser Admin Account that the entire ExCom
> would have access to - same user ID & Password. This superuser account would
> then be used to create/initiate the ballot. The Boardroom account also has a
> feature to track user activity and is available to all administrator
> accounts which I think all ExCom should have. With this feature the ExCom
> could track user activity to see if the SuperUser account was ever accessed
> during the pendancy of the vote. Thus there is a built in safety mechanism
> to prevent the ExCom from peeking in on the results during the voting
> process. Rick could you please verify the functionality of the software.

the process you propose doesn't exist in boardrooms.org. Activity/logins
are not tracked. Changes to ballots and votes are tracked and are
prominately noted and may not be removed etc.

I must say with this amount of distrust of the excom I see little value in
preforming this volenteer position. If we can't be trusted we shouldn't be
in office.

-rick